What Is Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry simply refers to processes done by dentists in order to fix and bring back damaged teeth. It involves getting better ones teeth appearance, mouth and smile.
It is different from the conventional dentistry which mainly focused on oral cleanliness, deterrence, detection and treatment of oral diseases.
It is recuperative in nature and solves dental disorder whereas cosmetic dentistry provides optional and required treatment or services as per the patients requirements.
It also provides curative help through filling of the dentals which is a well known procedure of treating decayed teeth. In the past, this was mainly filled using gold and mix of other materials that left the teeth with visible murky spots.
Currently, one can choose fillings which consists of ceramic or a composite substance that is similar to the colour of his or her teeth which in turn creates a natural look of teeth and smile.
Others may however prefer to have the earlier fillings substituted with newer, tooth-colored filling to enhance their oral look. All these fall under cosmetic dentistry.
Development of Cosmetic Dentistry
Advancement in technology through introduction of colored tooth dental materials have made the present day cosmetic dental treatments more long lasting and knowable than in the previous years.
Moreover, dentists are now using traditional procedures of cosmetic dentistry to conserve a natural tooth structure as achievable depending on one’s assessment situation.
Cosmetic Fort Worth TX dentist also employ technologies that are easy to perform like lasers which can simply be done in their offices eliminating the need to refer you elsewhere to see an expert.
The technologies make the procedures like smile makeover handy and cozy for patients as well as shortening the period of recovery.
Dentists’ use range of procedure in order to clean discolored teeth, restore short and worn out teeth, redesign, close up gaps or change the length. The main treatment procedures used are as listed below;
- Teeth Bleaching/Whitening: This involves staining teeth from smoking, drinking (coffee, wines). Bleaching is done using special agents which bring back teeth whiteness. It enhances the appearance of one’s smile.
- Bonding: This is a procedure employed to correct broken, chipped, discolored or decayed teeth using a process referred as composite bonding. A compound similar in appearance to an enamel and dentin is applied onto the tooth surface or onto the hollow space then carved into shape, contoured and toughened with a highly concentrated light. This leads into reinstatement that mixes well with the adjacent tooth formation without being noticed to create brilliant, hale and hearty smile.
- Dental veneers: A compound which is sticky or ceramic that laminates is attached onto the tooth surface to correct and repair chips and cracks to improve worn out look or serious discolorations. Also suggested if one does has gaps in the teeth and those who have not had success with teeth whitening. It is however very costly and one needs to inquire before undertaking it.
- Inlays and On lay: They are made in dental laboratory before they are fitted and adhesively bonded into place by the dentist during visits.
- Dental implants Fort Worth: These are artificial teeth root substitution for teeth loss.
- Smile makeovers which entail evaluation of your smile to enhance its overall look.
- Full mouth reconstruction: Procedures carried out to restore functional disorders to correct defects with your bite, muscles, teeth and bone formation.
Cosmetic dentistry has brought a smile to many peoples who were earlier unhappy with their smile. It has offered a variety of options on all-inclusive cosmetic procedures to smarten the smile.